Part 2 of our #ultimatetekkers goal breakdown is Zlatan Ibrahimovic's fine effort against France at Euro 2012. Love him or loathe him there is no arguing that Zlatan is one of the most potent forwards in the world game who has performed at every club he has played for.
First, watch the video above, then we will break down Zlatan's phenomenal technique
THE BUILD UP
Seb Larsson has made a great run on the right, before he has received the ball he glances up to see Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Note Zlatans eye pattern in the top picture, he is looking straight at the ball in anticipation. As the ball leaves Larsson's foot, Zlatan has already started to adjust his body. In the second picture you can see how close the ball gets before he takes flight, his knees are bent and he is about to start his explosion. In the third picture, you can see he has brought his right leg back.
Check out his eye pattern again. He knows where the goal is, so he is solely focused on the ball.
Just before he makes contact with the ball, look at his body position. Arms out for balance, left leg is bent ready to push off, right leg is back ready to flow through the ball.
This is where Zlatan's #ultimatetekkers comes in. He keeps his striking foots laces facing the corner of the goal as he hits through the middle of the ball
At this stage, Zlatan has left the ground is using the physics of his bodies momentum to give the ball more power. Look at his right leg follow through after contact has been made.
Zlatan's eyes have not deviated from the ball until after contact. As he strikes the ball his head is aiming down, his laces are aiming toward the corner of the goal, and his entire body ends up facing the goal after the strike.
As you can see in the picture below, the ball goes in the direction that Zlatan's body is facing.
So to recap:
- Zlatan looks to the right, see's Seb Larsson about to cross the ball
- His eye's do not leave the balls path
- He decides how he will hit the ball and adjusts his body accordingly
- His eyes firmly fixed on the ball, he explodes into the air
- Striking through the center of the ball with his right foot, he follow's through accordingly (toward the corner of the goal)
- As he strikes the ball he is in mid air, using the physics of weight distribution to have a further impact on the ball
- He makes sure his entire body is facing the corner of the goal
All in all, probably the goal of the tournament and shows why Zlatan Ibrahimovic has #ultimatetekkers!